Lalitha Professional Usui Reiki Training:
Prerequisite: None required (suitable for all).
Suitable for: This important foundation level is suitable for absolute beginners to energetically experienced Practitioners and Therapists from other disciplines.
Certification: Each student on completion of the course will receive a quality, professional certificate and comprehensive Level I instruction manual.
Duration: 12 hours
Course times: Saturday 10 - 5 Sunday 12-5
Venues: York, PA. Hanover PA. Westminster, MD
Your teacher/facilitator: Margaret Glatfelter
This course has it’s foundations rooted within the traditional branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho and contains the teachings of Reiki. The Level I course, introduces students to traditional Usui Reiki meditation techniques and practice. Students are also introduced to four of the five elements of the system of Reiki: Gokai (philosophical precepts), Kokyu Ho (breathing techniques and meditations), Tenohira (hands-on healing, performing treatments for the self and others), and Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or attunement from one’s teacher).
The techniques and Reuji/attunement process focus on the spiritual and personal development aspect of the student. You will receive four traditional attunements/Reijus (spiritual blessing) over the course of two days. Each attunement is a powerful clearing of the energy channels that helps to awaken one’s mind, heart and body from the sleep of ignorance, so you strengthen, cleanse and balance your energy system and prepare to be as pure a channel of Reiki energy as possible with continued practice. Your self-healing and cleansing process will start and this will continue on an ongoing basis.
You will learn the authentic history of Reiki, the meaning of the word ‘Reiki’, what it is and how it works, the benefits of Reiki and how to give Reiki treatments to both yourself and others (family and friends).
- Introduction to Reiki (spiritual energy)
- The meaning of Reiki
- The word ‘Reiki’
- What Reiki is and how it works
- The system of Reiki:
- Level I
- Level II
- Level III
A brief description of the three levels.
- Introduction and explanation of the five elements that make up the complete system of Reiki:
- Precepts for developing spiritual and mental focus, and, traditionally, poetry (Waka) which was written or created (Gyosei) by the Meiji Emporor that ruled at that time
- Techniques and meditations
- Hands-on healing
- Four mantras (Jumon) and symbols (Shirushi); three at Level II and one at Level III
The course is a combination of lecture, discussion and experience. Students at Level I are only introduced to four of the five elements of the Usui Reiki practice: (Gokai) Precepts, Kokyu Ho (breathing techniques and meditation), Tenohira (hands-on healing for performing treatments for the self and others), and Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or ‘attunement’ from one’s teacher).
- Learn Level I techniques and meditations and practice:
- Kenyoku Ho (dry bathing technique or brushing off technique).
- Joshin Kokyo Ho (focusing the mind on one thing with breath)
- Seishin Toitsu (creating a unified mind or mental concentration)
- Shuchu Reiki (concentrated spiritual energy)
- Receive four Reiju/attunements during the course which are based on traditional Japanese Reiju and are entirely unique to the system of Reiki Ryoho. Each attunement helps to strengthen, cleanse and balance the energy system making it easier to perceive and work with Ki.
- Hands-on healing (Tenohira) for performing treatments for self and others. A substantial part of the course is devoted to the practice of giving treatments. Each student is assured the opportunity to both give and receive several Reiki treatments over the course duration, which is a relaxing, healing and beneficial experience for everyone involved.
- You will learn about the history of the system of Reiki, the life of its founder, Usui Mikao, and his teachings and practice.
- About the students of Usui Mikao.
- About the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai (Japanese: society of the Usui spiritual energy healing method).
- About the students of Hayashi Chujiro.
- About Usui Mikao’s memorial stone.
- Reiki healing method manual of Reiki Ryoho Hikkei (manual from Ms Koyama Kimiko, former President of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai).
- Hayashi Chujiro’s manual or Ryoho Shishin (manual given out by Hayashi Chujiro to his students – Hawayo Takata received a copy of this manual).
- Certificate awarded from Lalitha Reiki upon completion of the course. Students remember that Reiki is not about certification – it is about your own personal practice. In traditional teachings, a certificate is given to indicate that certain levels of proficiency have been reached and that the student/participant is just beginning that actual level.
Benefits of Level 1
- Learn the original, authentic history of Usui Reiki Ryoho.
- Be knowledgeable about the self-healing system of Reiki.
- Learn how to give Reiki treatments to both yourself and others.
- Begin to heal your own physical and emotional issues and experience emotional and physical release now.
- Feel grounded, balanced and comfortable with yourself.
- Learn instant techniques on how to relax and clear your mind.
- Gain a clear understanding of energy work.
- Develop your compassionate and loving aspects.
- Discover and experience calmness, peace and stillness within yourself.
- Feel more confident and happy.
- Better relationships.
- Gain clear understanding of your life.
- Feel strong and more centred.
- Empowered to transform your life.
- Help others.
- Receive individual ongoing support and guidance from your teacher.
After The Course Support
- Lalitha Reiki host practice groups on a regular basis for all Level I, Level II and Level III Students/Practitioners/Teachers to practice, receive Reiju, socialize and have fun.
The aim of the practice groups are:
- To provide an opportunity for students to socialize with others who have similar interests.
- To provide a safe and secure environment in which students can practice.
- To provide ongoing learning opportunities both energetically and spiritually in line with the teachings of Lalitha Reiki.
- To provide moral support through teacher and fellow students.
- To provide an opportunity to receive Reiju/attunement.
- To provide motivation towards self-practice.
- To provide an opportunity to extend hands-on healing skills.
- To provide students the opportunity to continue the healing journey.
- To provide the opportunity to continue with the unique teachings of Lalitha Reiki
- Contact with your teacher in person or via email or phone.
- 21-day post support.
- Refresher courses: All Lalitha Reiki students are welcome to re-sit Levels I, II and III after completing the Level III course.
Course Tuition & Investment
2 Days - 12 hours - $215.00